To book Saxmundham Market Hall,
The Town Clerk,
Old Police Station, Station Approach Saxmundham Suffolk IP17 1BW
Tel: 01728 604595
The hiring fees are as follows:
Private Use/Charity Use:
The Market Hall: £12.50 per hour
The Market Hall Forecourt may be booked free of charge for charitable use.
The Market Hall: £20.00 per hour
The Market Hall Fore Court £20.00 per day
All fees, including security deposits are payable two weeks prior to the date of the booking. If fees are not received by the due date, we may consider the booking cancelled and re-let The Market Hall to other users. Please make cheques payable to Saxmundham Town Council, Market Hall account.
Complete the booking form and return it together with payment to:
The Town Clerk, Old Police Station,
Station Approach, Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17 1BW
You will receive confirmation of booking by return.
All hirers should ensure:
- The layout of tables and chairs and putting them away as found is the responsibility of the hirer.
- Hirers of the Market Hall should make themselves aware of the Fire and Evacuation Procedure and visual plan. These documents are kept in a folder by the microwave in the kitchen and also on the table in the Market Hall by the kitchen hatch.
- No naked flames and no accelerants to be taken onto the site.
- The payment to hire the Market Hall must be for the duration that hirers are in the Market Hall (for example, setting up and putting away) and not just the event start and finish time.
- Any outside commercial caterers used should be registered with their local authority.
- That the Market Hall is left in a clean and tidy condition.
- That any spillages are mopped up.
- All internal doors to be closed and all lights switched off.
- That at the end of the event you lock the doors securely and return the key as instructed, normally back in the key safe on the wall.
- That for reasons of hygiene you provide your own dish cloths and tea towels if you need them.
- Any damage/faults are reported to the Town Clerk.
- Saxmundham Town Council recommends hirers whose activities involve children should have a Child Protection Policy.
- Any excess refuse will be charged at £3.00 per bag in addition to the booking fee of The Market Hall.
- Any electrical apparatus that is owned by yourselves and used in the Market Hall MUST have evidence of PAT testing certification.
- By hiring the hall the hirer agrees to adhere to all stated conditions.